»

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

School is Finally Here!!

School has finally come. Well, for Ellie at least. Ellie started first grade today. You wouldn't believe how she can hold her excitement in, but I know she was excited. Last week when we went to find out who her teacher was, I asked her if she was excited and she said, "If I'm the only kid in the class I am." I can't believe her. She is so afraid of new things.
Luckily, her best friend had a birthday party on Monday. About 30 minutes before the party, she told me she didn't want to go because she was tired. I told her that was too bad and this was her best friend's birthday and she was going to go.
All my pushing paid off and she had a great time at the party. I was able to use it as an example and remind her today that she was afraid to go to the party, but once she got there she had fun and the same would happen with school today.
She ended up doing great and having a lot of fun. She came home and said all they did was color today. I'm glad she's learning something.

Ogden, Ellie, and Anna before the walk to school.
Anna doesn't start school until next week, but is pretty excited. She got to go to orientation today with her teacher and I don't think I have to worry about her being as nervous and frightened as Ellie, thank goodness!!


When all was said and done, I think she was pretty excited. Isn't she adorable?



7 comments:

becky ward said...

She does look so cute, but when doesn't she?

Marta said...

How exciting that she gets to walk to and from school, anything but ride the bus. She is such a cute little first grader.

Aric and Sally said...

So glad she had a good first day. And so glad that Ogden was able to round up a matching pair of shoes for the picture.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

She is such a BEAUTIFUL girl. She looks so old. I feel so bad that she was nervous-hopefully she has a fabulous teacher that can change her mind!! First grade! Wow!!!

Esther Ogden said...

Those pictures make me miss her so much! I hope she just loves 1st grade and makes lots of good friends. By the way, where was the Vera shot? =)

Jeremy Ogden said...

Annie may not be nervous and frightened, but her teacher should be.

Anonymous said...

Yes she is ALWAYS so cute! Don't know how you do it. Best of luck to you and the school days!!!