»

Monday, August 20, 2007

A Cousin Switcheroo!

Last Tuesday after my grandpa's funeral, Ellie got to go to Meridian with my brother and his family while their son, Owen, stayed here with us. Ellie came home from having a great time. I think she was a little spoiled with Esther. She had new shoes, a shirt, and jewelry, and got her hair combed in fun little do's every day.
I felt bad for poor Owen. Everything we had planned didn't work out too well. He still remained happy and had fun just hanging out at our house every day. We had planned to take him to a Chuakar's game one night, but Ogden was the only kid who thought that was a good idea. We promised him he could go fishing on Friday, which he was really excited about, and as soon as we got there, it started raining and we could see lightning all over.
Despite all of our disappointments, we sure enjoyed having Owen at our house. He's such a cute, sweet boy and has such good manners. I was so impressed at how nicely he would ask for things.
Anna, Owen, and Ogden just before Owen left us.




4 comments:

Elena said...

Fun times! You are a good aunt. It was fun to meet Big Owen and a challenge to have TWO Owen's running around. Glad Ellie had such a great stay in Meridian.

Aric and Sally said...

Forget the switch, does anyone just want to take mine for a while? I'll meet you halfway!

becky ward said...

It was a challenge having two Owen's around. Poor Owen Ogden thought I was constantly yelling at him. (;

Marta said...

I hope you and Esther get to do more switching - the cousins love to spend time together. And maybe next time I'll have some time to spend with all of them.