»

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Dunk Tank

Last night our ward had our annual summer dutch oven cookout. We had really good food, fun games, and a great turn out. The most popular activity of the night was the dunk tank put on by the young men and women.
I was over at the cupcake walk with the girls and discovered Justin was very wet. I figured he gave into a little peer pressure from some of his YM and took the "plunge." The girls and I ventured over to check out all of the action and decided to take a shot at dunking someone as well.
All night Ogden had been telling us he wanted to go swimming in the swimming pool. We tried to tell him he was too little, but of course, he was very persistent. Justin decided to let him sit on the plank and fall in with him. We thought that might make those throwing the ball a little softer and kinder, but no, not a chance. They didn't care who Justin was holding, they were going to dunk him no matter what. I don't think it was as fun as Ogden had anticipated, he wasn't too happy when he came out, but we all got a kick out of it.
I wanted to get a picture of him them on the plank but I forgot my camera. Luckily Angie brought hers and snagged a few photos for me. Thanks Angie.
Justin and Ogden after getting dunked.
Well, Ogden wasn't the only one wanting to take the plunge, Anna wanted to as well. She was so excited to do it, even though she wasn't tall enough. After waiting in a long line of kids to be dunked, she finally got her turn. Justin had to hold her hand the whole time so she wouldn't go under too far.

Anna waiting for the plunge. She was so scared. I thought she was going to make Justin take her off.

Anna finally got dunked. She wasn't too happy about it once it happened, but once I told her that the person who threw the ball to get her down was her best friend, she felt a little better about it. She thought that was pretty neat.

Justin pulling Anna out of the water.
It took us a while to cheer Anna up. I think the water was pretty cold. Our kids were the youngest kids who ventured onto the plank, and once they started, there were a lot more kids lining up. Ellie thought that she was the smartest kid because she didn't get wet.

Ellie, Justin, and Anna after Anna's dunk.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I can't believe you put them on the plank. I laughed so hard and out loud, my kids came running to see what was so funny. I am still laughing. I SO wish I could have seen that.

Aric and Sally said...

Wow, you guys know how to have a ward party! Wish you had a video of the kids being dunked . . . priceless.

becky ward said...

Brave kids! That is cute about Anna.