»

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Remembering Grandpa

Last Tuesday my grandpa Ogden passed away and yesterday was his funeral. He would have been 80 on the 25th of August. It was a very nice funeral with many memories of my grandpa. The one that really got me was when my Uncle Stacy talked about how he always liked to chew on his grandkids ears. That is my favorite memory of grandpa and although it sounds nasty, I always loved that special attention he gave me. He will be very missed but I am glad that he is with my grandma now.

This is a picture of my grandpa with his children and their spouses at my grandma's funeral in March.
Left to right: Roland and Pat, Dad and mom, Lanny and Ann, grandpa, LaDawn and Tom, Kelly and Susan, and Stacy and Tracy.
After a very nice funeral we went back to the church for a luncheon. It was nice to spend time with all of our Ogden relatives.

While everyone was waiting around I found this perfect picture of Jen with some of the kids. I think it is so adorable.
Jennifer, Anna, Zack, Avery, and Ellie




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jarom told me your grandpa had passed away. Sorry to hear about it, but I know it was a good thing. He is lucky not to have lived long without his wife. Glad it was a nice funeral.

Marta said...

What a sweet tribute to a sweet man. I know he always loved you and talked of the bond formed when you stopped breathing when you were only a couple of days old. You scared him to death! I'm glad you lived close enough to stop in to see him often. He and Grandma appreciated that. I'm glad you got to honor him by playing the piano for his funeral. It was beautiful.

Aric and Sally said...

Thanks Amber. That was thoughtful of you. It's nice to see some photos of the funeral.