»

Friday, September 21, 2007

Catching Up

The fair has come and gone, but I thought I'd post a few pictures that I never got around to doing. It was a noisy and crazy week at our house full of lots of noise, traffic, and dust.

This is the view from our back door. Isn't that lovely? The empty field behind our house became free parking for many fair goers.

This is a view from the back door at night. Notice the giant spotlights? Ya, they stay on all night. When I got up at 5 in the morning, it looked more like it was 7. It was a little hard to sleep. One night Justin had to go sleep on the couch downstairs because the shows were so noisy. Despite all of the inconvenience, we do love the fair and everyone who stops by our house to visit. (Except for Uncle Kent, since he didn't bother. jk)


We finally made it over for a quick trip on Friday night to get some great food and let the kids ride on a couple rides (highway robbery). The kids had a fun time and Ellie still talks about how disgusting the 800? lb pig was.

On Thursday, Ellie's class at school had their own little fair. Ellie took a sunflower from our garden to display and other kids took squash, pumpkins, and baked goods. It was really cute. She was so excited to bring it home and have her own flower for her bedroom.






8 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Your house must be close to where Grandma Eva's was? I love Elle's sunflower-she is so cute!

Aric and Sally said...

Those pictures are great, but where's the photo of Amber stuffing her face with a giant tiger ear?

Esther Ogden said...

Does Ogden have a black eye? Now how did he ever get that? =)

Marta said...

Yes Ogden does have a black eye. Amber said he ran into the piano, but I'm more inclined to think he tried to eat Amber's deep fat fried Snickers!

Elena said...

I love the fact that we get free, unlimited parking every year. You can NEVER move! :) (I don't blame Justin for having to sleep downstairs. I would have had to too.)

Jeremy Ogden said...

I think I recognize some of the license plates in that first picture.

Elise said...

Wow, that is crazy! I can't believe the fair is so close to your house. At least it's only once a year, right?

Anonymous said...

If I knew you had free parking I would have visited you.