»

Monday, February 25, 2008

Anna's Birthday Weekend

Saturday was Anna's birthday and yes, I'm just now getting around to doing her post. We had a busy weekend, though. On Friday, she got to take treats to her class and then after school had a birthday party with her friends. Our house was a little chaotic, but I hope the girls had fun. The party was a flower theme in hopes of spring coming soon and the girls went away with planted flowers and flower frames. Anna enjoyed herself especially, can you say Barbie? I think her friends know her pretty well.

She started out Saturday morning with Justin making biscuit bubble ring, with a candle in it of course, and then opened a few presents. Later that night we enjoyed the second birthday cake with grandpas and grandmas and a little party. I think Anna had a pretty fun weekend.

This is the flower cake I made for the flower party. Pretty much the easiest cake I've ever made. It's supposed to be a sunflower and I thought it turned out pretty cute.

And of course, it wouldn't be a little girl's birthday without the traditional doll cake. The girls called it The Vera Bradley cake because we went with java blue colors. There's only so much you can do with chocolate frosting.

Happy Birthday, Anna. We hope you had a great day!! You're such a fun, adorable little girl!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Amber, I'm glad you came forward in your stalking, because now I can freely admit to doing the same with your blog! I'm very impressed with you and your cute family.

(Happy Birthday to your Anna!)

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Great cakes Amber! Sounds like a very busy and eventful weekend. I can't wait to play with all the new Barbie stuff!

The Manwaring Family said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Anna!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

What a beautiful little girl! Happy, happy birthday! Both cakes are VERY impressive!!

Elise said...

Happy Birthday Anna! What a fun party-- and what great cakes! I love the doll cake and I am a little bit jealous. I've never had a doll cake and they look really fun. :)

Aric and Sally said...

Okay, so I've been absent from the blogging world for a while - sorry. LOVE the doll cake! Can you come in June to make one for Addie (pink, of course)