»

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Good Ol' Yellow Pine


Justin asked for the week off to go to Scout Camp this week, but it got changed to next week. So, Sunday afternoon we decided that we wanted to do something fun while Justin already had the time off. After making a few calls to my grandma and my parents, we decided we would make the drive to Yellow Pine. After many other calls, we finally found someone to make the trek with us. Our friends, the Daws, were able to get away and spend Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with us. We had such a good time riding and relaxing.


This is a picture of all of us in front of the Yellow Pine sign on Monday.
Justin, Amber, Ellie, Ogden, Anna, McKinley, Chandler, Angie, and Halle
On Tuesday we went for a small 4 wheeler ride to a mining town. Poor Halle had to be strapped to her parents and held tight over each bump. She was quite the trooper. We weren't able to stay too long, just enough to eat a snack and look around before we noticed that there were some dark clouds above us. We had to ride home a little faster than the ride there. Ogden was riding with me and kept telling me, "Not so fast, mom," and pulling my hand off the gas.

All of us in front of the mine.
Angie, Anna, Chandler and Halle, Ellie, McKinley, Ogden, Justin, and Amber
After our quick ride and a little rain, we had lunch and took our friends around the town. The kids got a kick out of the old library. These people are hilarious. The kids got a kick out of the boots they put out front for decoration. I think they might use them as planters sometimes. What a step up from tires. If you look close you can even see a pair of ski boots behind Ellie.
In front of the old Yellow Pine Library
McKinley, Anna, Ogden, and Ellie
After a hot day of fun, we decided to head down to the river to cool off. Justin and Chandler took us to a spot they found while attempting to fish that morning. While fishing, they saw 2 buck, and when we arrived at the spot we saw a doe just leaving. It was so beautiful. The water was freezing cold, but Justin and Chandler finally dipped in. They had a lot of fun trying to swim against the current. They finally made their way up to some rocks and rapids and then let the current push them back down.

Justin and Chandler swimming in the river
The kids had a fun time playing in the sand on the shore and wading in the water. We did eventually get them out to the water, but I think they thought it was just as cold as we did.

Ogden, McKinley, Anna, Ellie
I wasn't planning on getting too wet in the water, so I just wore my clothes and planned on rolling up my pants to wade. That was a good idea until I saw how much fun Justin and Chandler were having in the water and wished I had wore my suit. They finally convinced me to just get in with my clothes on and I took the plunge. It was freezing cold but I was glad I did it. Justin was so proud of me for getting in, so he took a picture of me in my soaking wet clothes.
We had a super fun trip and after all the packing and cleaning was done, we were ready to begin the long drive home.

In front of the cabin: Anna, Ellie, Amber, Justin, and Ogden
I wasn't kidding about the long drive. We drove for 2 hours down winding dirt roads and then another hour on winding paved roads. It was a little too much for Ogden. He kept telling us he was going to "fo ub," and he wasn't kidding. We had to stop a few times to let him get out and get some air, but he still ended up puking a little in the car.

Justin and Ogden taking a break along the winding road.
In all, we had a great time. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Morgan for letting us use all of your stuff and to dad for your truck. And thanks to the Daws for being such fun friends.

3 comments:

becky ward said...

Boy are we sad that we couldn't come. Looks like you had a great time. Sorry we are "fun friends". (;

Anonymous said...

I am bummed that we didn't get to go too! It would have been SO much fun. I am glad you guys got to have a nice time away. Remember us next time, we'll get there someday with you. :)

Marta said...

Now I'm really excited for our trip in August. Thanks for helping me remember why I love Yellow Pine. Incidentally, do you have any shirts I could borrow?!!