»

Monday, June 18, 2007

What a great Father's Day

On Saturday, Justin got to go golfing with his dad and brothers and all of the brother-in-laws except Chris and Blake. They had a great time. The best part for us was seeing all of their sunburned faces. Wow, were they red. Afterwards, we went to his parent's house for a barbecue and a chance for the kids (and a few adults) to play on grandma's new waterslide.
After church on Sunday, Justin got to open the presents the kids got him. He got a tennis racket so he can teach the girls tennis. They got rackets earlier in the year and Justin's been so excited to teach them. He was just minus a racket. We did have a hard time wrapping it, though. Have you ever tried wrapping something that strange? I was searching all over for a gift bag or something for it to fit in, when I remembered my wise, older brother Jeremy. He always wrapped my birthday presents in pillow cases. I thought that might be a little too small, so we improvised and used a black garbage bag with a nice ribbon tied around it. We pulled it off well. Thanks Jay.


The favorite gift of the day was the nerf ball blaster. We've had a little too much fun with it. Justin's now using it as a tool to get the kids to do what he wants. When we were putting them to bed tonight, he got out the gun and was ready to shoot anyone not obeying. Ooh, scary.


Later that day, we were able to go to my parent's house for dinner with my dad and to see Clay and Jen while they were in town. Boy, was it good. I tried a new recipe for Cherry Rhubarb Crunch that I got from Grandma Freidenberger. It was a hit. Thanks grandma.




2 comments:

becky ward said...

Justin got spoiled! We will have to go play some doubles.

Elena said...

I can just see Justin trying to shoot the kids to bed. Too funny. Looks like he had a great Father's Day. Poor Jarom just got ribs and nabisco torte.