»

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Geology 101

Last night for Family Home Evening the kids wanted to go for a walk. Justin and I were getting a little tired of walking around our neighborhood and Jensen's Grove, so we decided to venture out a little further. We took the kids to the rest stop to walk the little loop around the lavas. Justin was so excited to teach the girls about all of the the rock formations there. It did bring back nice memories of our geology days (you know, where we met), but he seems to recall so much more than I do. He must have actually studied that semester. I was a little distracted.
We had a fun time looking for wildlife. Despite the baby tics we found on all the sagebrush, we did manage to spot a few rabbits. Ogden was a pro at finding them. He kept telling us he saw a bunny and we didn't believe him. And then we would look where he was pointing and he really did see them. I figured it was because he was closer to the ground than we were.
Justin and the kids watching a rabbit. They would just sit there and let us look at them (the rabbits). They were so cute and some were rather large.


Our fun family picture on the lookout deck.

Afterwards we went home and enjoyed a nice box of donuts. The kids thought that was such a fun treat. I thought it was a nice change from ice cream cones.




3 comments:

Elena said...

Wow! I just knew you'd be a great blogging buddy! What a fun FHE, my kids would LOVE that. We'll have to try it sometime.

Elise said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! And, may I just say, what a great-looking family you are!

(By the way, I'm adding you to my list of friends... hope you don't mind!)

Elise

becky ward said...

Yep, it's great to have a new site to check out each day! Good work! What a fun activity. Makes me feel like a HUGE slacker.