»

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Truman's Birthday

Friday was Truman's birthday but Justin was gone on a fly fishing trip, so Truman had to wait until Justin got home on Saturday night to get his cake and presents. Something tells me he didn't really mind.


He was so fun to watch and actually caught on to the present unwrapping pretty fast.




I think he was more excited for a big box to climb on than to actually play with his lawn mower.


I had to get a little bubble lawn mower because they always remind me of Clay.
When Clay was little, our neighbor girl had a little bubble lawn mower and he would sneak over to their house every day and steal it. He's pretty smart because my parents finally bought him his own so he'd leave hers alone.

I can already tell Truman and I are going to spend many hours together this summer.



I was trying to find a good idea for a cake and came across this little monkey one. I always call Truman "my little monkey", so this was perfect. Oh, and don't mind the creepy face. I couldn't find the black licorice ropes I needed and the only thing I could find in my cupboards were sliced almonds. I know it looks a little scary but it tasted delicious. And guess what kind of cake is inside? You bet ya, banana!! Mmm, yum!
I think he liked it!!
We hope you had a fun day, Truman, you're getting way too big!!

7 comments:

Elena said...

That cake is too cute! I like the almond slices, it looks like teeth. :) You did good!

The Manwaring Family said...

Great cake!! I think it is awesome! I used to love bubble lawn mowers too, maybe I can come play sometime?? :)

Marta said...

Kaylin - Truman would love to share his bubble mower. And just so Benjamin doesn't feel left out, he can use the big one that actually cuts the grass.

Anonymous said...

He's just as cute as his older brother! I love first birthdays, they are so much fun at that age!

Kade and Emily said...

What an awesome cake! I wish I'd seen that cake last year for Maryn's bday. I just did little monkey cupcakes.
Now, if only that bubble lawn mower cut the grass, too....

Misti said...

He is getting too big!!! I just adore that cake, you are too clever!

The Montaño’s said...

Holy cow!! Or should I say monkey! What a cake Ms Martha Stewart! You rock~