»

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was Anna's 7th birthday. I can't believe how old this girl is getting. She's such a little sweetheart who loves to help others.
Birthday breakfast: pancakes with a candle.
She had so much fun opening her presents with Sally's girls. Grandma Manwaring gave her an adorable umbrella that even matches her lunch bag. As soon a she woke up this morning, she asked me if it was raining. I said, "I think so," feeling bad about the girls having to walk in the rain, but she was so excited to get to use her new umbrella.

We got her a new bike since she'd been doing the whole knee to chin thing by the end of last summer, but she was so excited about everything else, she just looked at the bike and left.


Don't laugh at the cheesy cake. We're running out of ideas for decorating the doll cake, so I thought I'd try doing plaid this year. It looked real good when I drew it out on paper, but when it was all done, it looked more like a spider web so we tried to cover it up a bit by drawing flowers. Hopefully I'll have better luck next year.

Anna loved the cake, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain. She told me I didn't do it how she wanted it, but it looked even better! She can be so sweet.

Truman says "Happy Birthday, Anna, and thanks for the cake!"
Oh, and Anna informed me that she doesn't like frosting, so she just didn't eat any birthday cake. I guess she decided she can have her cake, but doesn't have to eat it, too.


7 comments:

Mardie said...

What a cute girl! 7 years old? That's the same age as my Kaden... Time flies by doesn't it?

Elena said...

OOOhhhhh...I can not show these pictures to my girls. They will BEG for a Vera umbrella. Such fun. And what a cute birthday girl. I can't beleive she's 7 either. Time flies!! Hope she had a wonderful day.

becky ward said...

that is so funny about the cake! and a bike AND vera bradley umbrella! lucky girl!

The Montaño’s said...

I loved your birthday cake. I have wanted to do it, I'll have to get your secret!! Birthdays are so fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon and Emily said...

Happy Bithday Annie! I can't believe she is SEVEN! You guys are getting old! JK. Looks like she made bank on presents!

Esther Ogden said...

Happy Birthday, Anna!!! I love your new VERA umbrella. You are very in style!

=)

Kade and Emily said...

What a cute girl! And, I think your doll cake turned out great!