»

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Books for Sale!

The other night the kids were outside playing and Ellie came inside to borrow a stool or something to put her books on. I had no idea what they were doing, but that's pretty common around here. After a while, though, Ellie ran inside saying she got a dollar. When I asked her where she got it, she said they sold a book. What book? you ask. Oh, only very special books. They tore pages out of their coloring books, colored them slightly, and then glued the edges together to bind them. I still can't believe someone paid a dollar for one of those books. I ran outside to take a picture of the scene and there was someone else stopped to buy a book. All I can say is they must be some cute kids!
McKinley, Ellie, Anna, and Ogden selling books
I thought this picture was so funny. Ellie held up the "books for sale" sign, but there wasn't a car in sight.
This is Ellie running to show me more money they got.


5 comments:

Misti said...

No way... that is so awesome! I used to try to sell lemonade and no one would even buy that!

becky ward said...

now, just change that sign to say "parking $5" and she will make bank next week! see you at the fair!

ps that is to cute! how creative are they!

Elena said...

Do NOT tell my girls about this! They have been begging to have a picture sale for years. You've got some really nice nieghbors to buy stuff from your kids. So cute. I love how excited Ellie is!

Aric and Sally said...

Do they offer free shipping?

The Manwaring Family said...

Sooo Funny! I used to love selling things (even though I lived in a circle that NO ONE ever drove in)