»

Monday, June 9, 2008

Fat Lip (and some more pictures)

Today the kids were playing in the living room. They think it's so fun to throw all of the couch cushions in the middle of the room and play High School Musical. They sing the little School's out or some song like that while jumping into the pile, despite my constant requests to please stop and replace the cushions. The other day they used the kitchen stools as part of their jumping, and when they mentioned it today, I asked them not to use the stools. Well, of course they ignored that request and got out the stools anyway. They were walking along the stools when Ogden slipped and hit his cheek on the stool. He started bleeding and screaming and ended up with this real attractive fat lip. He has a big cut on the inside of his mouth and a huge bruise across his cheek now. I keep thinking that this will teach them a lesson to not play on the stools anymore, but for some reason I have doubts that will happen.

After taking these pictures I realized that it's hard to tell that his lip is swollen because his cheeks are so chubby, but it's on his right side.


These pictures show the bruise across his face.


I figured while I was posting that I'd add some pictures of Truman, too. If you can't tell, we got a new camera over the weekend. Love those warranties. All is well now and we can get back to blogging.













7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Man!!! That looks ouchy! Poor kid. Good thing he has a tough head. That would cause a concusion and a trip to the E.R. in some whimpier kids. :) Truman changes EVERY time I see him!

Aric and Sally said...

When I first saw the picture I thought it was Truman. I was so glad it was Ogden . . . I mean, sorry Ogden, that must really hurt. Let me know if they learned their lesson.

Aric and Sally said...

Hey, I just left a comment on your blog and it actually worked!!!

becky ward said...

truman is changing so much! what a cutie! and poor ogden. that looks like it hurts. we can all hope that he learns! (;

Esther Ogden said...

Poor Ogden...he sure has beautiful eyes (2nd to last photo of him.) You have such handsome young men! =)

Marta said...

Speaking of chubby cheeks, Truman is going to be able to boast of a couple of his own real soon. I just hope he avoids the bruises as long as he can.

Elise said...

I love those cheeks! Poor little guy-- and sadly, it probably won't teach him a lesson. If Ogden is anything like Gordon (who seems to get himself into these kinds of situations all the time) he's just a little too resilient! :) Your boys are too cute!