»

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Surprising kids

Yesterday I had parent teacher conferences for both Ellie and Anna. Ellie's teacher told me how good Ellie is and how she NEVER, EVER gets in trouble. I wasn't surprised. She has a fear of being in trouble and will do anything to avoid it.
I was surprised, though, when I went to meet with Anna's teacher. Our whole meeting couldn't have lasted more than 5 minutes and she said that Anna's doing great. I was a little curious, though, because she hadn't mentioned anything about her temper. (Anna's our little spitfire, in case you haven't had a meeting or a chewing out by her, but she's also our sensitive little sweetheart). So, when she asked if I had any questions, I said, "So, does she have any problems acting out in class or anything?"
Her teacher looked at me as if I was crazy. She said, "No way!" I couldn't understand it. She told me that Anna's always the first to do what is asked and always does it the first time.
Justin just about went into shock when I came home and told him the news. I've decided at the next p/t conference that I'm going to ask the teacher how she suggests I get Anna to behave so well at home.
ALSO, another funny from Ogden. The other day I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he told me he wanted a motorcycle. Looking for more options, I asked him what else he wanted and he replied, "Two motorcycles."
Needless to say, motorcycles are on the birthday list!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could just get Ogden an over-head light from the dentist. Worked for Carter. :)

Anna and Halle are two peas in a pod. I know the teachers just think we're awful parents and must be doing something wrong to these perfect little students. Oh-well, guess I'd rather have them rotten at home than in public.

Esther Ogden said...

Better not ask him again...you are going to end up having to find 3 motorcycles...he is so much fun. Can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving! =)

becky ward said...

It's nice to have you back! What a great news from the teachers. Anna sure knows what she is doing!